Thursday, July 23, 2009

Dad's a klutz!

My father's face marred from a faceplant in the cooler at his job. (My own photo)

Be careful in walk-in coolers!

After I got home from work this afternoon and had my lunch, I went back upstairs to put my plate in the dishwasher. My dad, Bob, was there looking for something to watch on TV after getting up from his nap. Anyway, I turn back from the kitchen and see what you see above: Dad's forehead has a long, thin scratch and a shorter, thicker gash near where his hairline should be.

"What the heck did you do to your face?" I asked.

"I had a little accident last night," he replied.

He explained that he fell over in the walk-in cooler at the Kum & Go on San Marnan Drive in Waterloo. When he fell, he took a face-plant into a few cooler shelves and may have been KO'd for a little while. He was telling my brother, Scot, that he was waiting for someone to look for him after a while. Also, his boss was wanting him to go to the hospital for treatment.

Anyway, he doesn't mind that much about the face. He said he also pulled a leg muscle.

There was a time when he and Scot and my mom, Diana, would kid me for being clumsy with my growing feet (which stopped about at a size 9 1/2), but now he has to take a little bit of ribbing for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment